Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Follow God

"And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will guide you with knowledge and understanding." Jeremiah 3:15

The verse above has become one of my favorites. It resonates deep within my soul. It is the desire of my heart that I live my life as a "shepherd after God's heart" and that I guide other women to Him through the knowledge and understanding that He has given me. Without God, I am nothing! All I have, am or hope to become, I owe to my loving Savior.

My greatest desire is to see other women grow in their walk with the Lord. I pray that God will use me as His instrument to instruct women, encourage women, and to lead women to lay everything at the feet of Jesus. Too often, the things of this world vie for our attention. We become too busy, too burdened and then too stressed out and too tired. I want women to learn to shift gears, shift perspective, to gain focus on the eternal, not the immediate.

I want my sisters to know that my God is able! No matter what station in life, no matter how rich or how poor, no matter if they are young or mearly young in spirit; if we live our lives for the Lord, putting Him first in everything, he will meet our every need.

My God is faithful!

No comments: